Posted: December 30, 2019
Submitted by: https://www.vikingsteelstructures.com
What is LEED for Green Buildings?
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, or LEED, is a building certification process developed by US Green Building Council(USGBC), a non-profit organization headquartered in Washington, D.C.
It is one of the most popular green building certification programs which provide a framework to create healthy, highly efficient, and cost-saving green buildings.
How Conventional Buildings Impact the Environment?
- Energy Use
- Impact on Air
- Water Use
- Construction Material
- Dispose of Demolition Buildings
Why use LEED?
- Instant recognition for your building
- Faster lease-up rates
- Higher resale value
- Healthier indoor space
- Lower use of energy, water, and other resources
- Promote renewable, clean energy
- Enhances your brand and establishes you as a leader in green building
LEED Ratings Systems
- Green Building Design & Construction
- Green Building Operation & Maintenance
- Green Interior Design & Construction
- Green Neighborhood Development
- Green Home Design and Construction
Original Post: What is LEED for Green Buildings?